Wednesday 29 August 2012

Glitter Gradient nails Art Tips


Glitter Gradient nails
this tutorial should help you with that look. The reason I prefer working with loose glitter is it gives you an intense, super sparkly shine that is hard to recreate with polish.
You'll notice with this tutorial I haven't done my usual step by step photos. I didn't forget to take pictures! ;) I just couldn't seem to get the idea across in photos, you have to see it in motion, so I made a video! Also, the glitter I used is from Claire's Accessories.


Tips and Tricks

  • If your glitter is going on lumpy, pick up a bit more polish on the brush and blend it through the glitter to smooth it out.
  • You should wipe the brush in between each dip to keep your polish clean OR I have a bunch of crappy, tiny bottles of top coat from the dollar store that I use for circumstances just like this!
  • To get the glitter gradient really smooth, brush over and over so the colors blend nicely.
  • Pay attention to the very tips of your nails, that was the first place I lost my glitter. :(
  • Beware of "over gooping" your glitter. You don't want an inch of glitter on your nails!
  • My secret to getting rhinestones to stick to my brush when I'm picking them up? Lick your brush! Not as sticky as polish, but enough to pick them up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment